Sorry I’ve neglected my blog a lot recently. Life with a toddler, working part time & being a peer supporter is keeping me busy. To make things worse we’re selling & trying to buy a bigger place! We only went on the market last week, had interest from two people (unfortunately ones pulled out). Yesterday we did our first viewing of potential houses (1st time doing it, so a new experience). We loved the house, but couldn’t find any fault with it, which is good, but meant that we didn’t feel we’d be able to stand a chance at getting it at £16k under the asking price! Well today we were asked if we wanted to make an offer & I explained the estate agent our situation & asked if anyone had made any offers yet, they said there had been no offers. I decided I might as well offer what we can afford, the worst that can happen is they say no. Well it seems it was worth offering, as the couple are now looking at their finances to see whether they could afford to accept our offer! I thought there would be no chance & they’d turn it down straight away, so extremely surprised!!
On one hand I’m very excited that things appear to be going fast, but I’m hesitant to get my hopes up too much because I know it’s very likely that all of these potential positives could disappear as quick as they arrived.
On Monday we checked how much we could afford in terms of mortgage. We had a heart stopping & emotional crash when the application for our agreement was declined!! We left feeling worried that we’d never be able to afford a decent bigger place. We go for lunch & while hubby’s getting drinks, I get a call from the advisor. We weren’t declined after all, we’d been accepted. He had made a mistake on what he typed in!!